By Keith Cirkel
By Chris Adamson
QuickTime Java (QJT) is a very good multimedia toolkit, yet it is also terrifying to the uninitiated. Java builders who have to upload audio, video, or interactive media production and playback to their purposes locate that QTJ is strong, yet difficult to get into. in truth, by way of class-count, QuickTime Java is sort of as huge as all of Java 1.1.Once you study the complete scope of Apple's QuickTime software program, you actually savour the matter. At its easiest, QuickTime permits Mac and home windows clients to play audio and video on their desktops. yet QuickTime is many stuff: a dossier structure, an atmosphere for media authoring, and a collection of purposes that incorporates browser plug-ins for viewing media inside an internet web page, a PictureViewer for operating with nonetheless photographs, QuickTime Streaming Server for supplying streaming media records on the web in actual time, and QuickTime Broadcaster for supplying stay occasions on the web. between others.As if that were not daunting sufficient, the javadocs on QJT are wildly incomplete, and different books at the subject are lengthy old-fashioned and never good seemed, making growth with QTJ super tough. So what are you able to do? Our new hands-on advisor, QuickTime Java: A Developer's Notebook, not just catches up with this know-how, yet de-mystifies it.This sensible "all lab, no lecture" e-book is an off-the-cuff, code-intensive workbook that gives the 1st actual examine this significant software program. Like different titles in our Developer's computer sequence, QuickTime Java: A Developer's Notebook is for impatient early adopters who wish wake up to hurry on what they could use instantaneously. it truly is intentionally gentle on concept, emphasizing instance over rationalization and perform over suggestion, so that you can specialize in studying by means of doing.QuickTime Java: A Developer's Notebook can provide simply the performance you would like from QTJ. whether you come back to gain that ninety five% of the API is inappropriate to you, this ebook might help you grasp the five% that truly counts.
By Jörg Krause
- What ordinary expressions are and why you can use them
- Use beneficial expressions (including examples)
- Reference gains and functions
By Chris Minnick, Eva Holland
- Build interactive net parts and take a look at out your code online
By Alex MacCaw
- Learn approximately positive aspects comparable to array comprehensions, destructuring assignments, and classes
- Compile CoffeeScript records in static websites with the Cake construct system
- Use CommonJS modules to constitution and install CoffeeScript client-side applications
By John Paxton
What you’ll learn
- How to reinforce your improvement talents and be a greater developer
- The most recent instruments for checking out and debugging, together with browser improvement instruments
- How to successfully use occasions, varieties and Ajax
Who this e-book is for
By Erik T. Ray
XML is a text-based markup language that has taken the programming international by means of hurricane. extra strong than HTML but more straightforward than SGML, XML has confirmed itself to be versatile and resilient. XML is the right device for formatting records with even the smallest little bit of complexity, from web content to criminal contracts to books. in spite of the fact that, XML has additionally confirmed itself to be crucial for organizing and conveying different varieties of facts besides, therefore its relevant function in net companies like cleaning soap and XML-RPC.As the Perl programming language used to be tailored for manipulating textual content, few humans have disputed the truth that Perl and XML are ideally fitted for each other. the single query has been what is the most sensible approach to do it. that is the place this booklet comes in.Perl & XML is geared toward Perl programmers who have to paintings with XML files and knowledge. The e-book covers the entire significant modules for XML processing in Perl, together with XML::Simple, XML::Parser, XML::LibXML, XML::XPath, XML::Writer, XML::Pyx, XML::Parser::PerlSAX, XML::SAX, XML::SimpleObject, XML::TreeBuilder, XML::Grove, XML::DOM, XML::RSS, XML::Generator::DBI, and SOAP::Lite. yet this ebook is greater than only a directory of modules; it offers an entire, complete journey of the panorama of Perl and XML, making feel of the myriad of modules, terminology, and techniques.This publication covers:
- parsing XML files and writing them out again
- working with occasion streams and SAX
- tree processing and the record item Model
- advanced tree processing with XPath and XSLT
Most valuably, the final chapters of Perl & XML provide whole examples of XML functions, pulling jointly all of the instruments at your disposal. All jointly, Perl & XML is the only ebook that provides you a superior grounding in XML processing with Perl.
By Ray Harris
As you struggle through this publication, you will evaluate the entire code for 20 expert purposes. They run the gamut from company purposes, like object-oriented kinds validation, to leisure apps, like a rotating, third-dimensional carousel of pictures that the consumer can regulate with the mouse or keystrokes. this is often heady stuff that would take you to a different point of expertise.
By David Sklar
* Hypertext Preprocessor is the prime programming language for constructing dynamic internet purposes. The simplicity of personal home page, the convenience of improvement, a wide group, and the expansive repository of open resource personal home page libraries, make it a favourite of internet designers and builders.
* Describes many beneficial and renowned applications for Hypertext Preprocessor; Explains find out how to preserve your individual neighborhood package deal repository
* presents plenty of examples of the way to exploit little- or poorly-documented personal home page programs.
By Jon Duckett
This full-color publication will help you make your web content extra interactive and your interfaces extra attention-grabbing and intuitive.
THIS ebook COVERS:
- Basic programming concepts - assuming no past knowledge of programming past a capability to create an online web page utilizing HTML & CSS
- How to recreate recommendations you've obvious on different net sites reminiscent of sliders, content material filters, shape validation, updating content material utilizing Ajax, and lots more and plenty extra (these examples display writing your personal scripts from scratch and the way the speculation you've got realized is placed into practice).
As with our first ebook (the best-selling HTML & CSS: layout and construct Websites), every one chapter:
- Breaks topics down into bite-sized chunks with a brand new subject on each one page
- Contains transparent descriptions of syntax, each established with inspiring code samples
- Uses diagrams and images to give an explanation for complicated thoughts in a visible way
if you are trying to create extra enriching internet studies, then this can be the booklet for you.